- Already comprehend Python yet are looking to research extra? A lot more? Dive right into a number of subject matters utilized in perform for real-world functions.
- Covers typical expressions, Internet/network programming, GUIs, SQL/databases/ORMs, threading, and internet development.
- Learn approximately modern improvement developments similar to Google+, Twitter, MongoDB, OAuth, Python three migration, and Java/Jython. offers fresh fabric on Django, Google App Engine, CSV/JSON/XML, and Microsoft place of work. comprises Python 2 and three code samples to get you all started correct away!
- Provides code snippets, interactive examples, and functional workouts to assist construct your Python skills.
The whole Developer’s advisor to Python
Python is an agile, strong, and expressive programming language that maintains to construct momentum. It combines the ability of compiled languages with the simplicity and fast improvement of scripting languages. In Core Python purposes Programming, 3rd Edition , leading Python developer and company coach Wesley Chun is helping you are taking your Python wisdom to the subsequent level.
This booklet has every little thing you must develop into a flexible Python developer. you'll be brought to a number of parts of program improvement and achieve wisdom that may be instantly utilized to initiatives, and you'll find code samples in either Python 2 and 3, together with migration counsel if that’s in your roadmap too. a few snippets may also run unmodified on 2.x or 3.x.
- Learn specialist Python sort, top practices, and stable programming habits
- construct consumers and servers utilizing TCP, UDP, XML-RPC, and be uncovered to higher-level libraries like SocketServer and Twisted
- enhance GUI functions utilizing Tkinter and different on hand toolkits
- enhance program functionality by way of writing extensions in C/C++, or increase I/O-bound code with multithreading
- realize SQL and relational databases, ORMs, or even non-relational (NonSQL) databases like MongoDB
- study the fundamentals of internet programming, together with internet consumers and servers, plus CGI and WSGI
- divulge your self to average expressions and robust textual content processing instruments for growing and parsing CSV, JSON, and XML data
- Interface with renowned Microsoft workplace functions akin to Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook utilizing COM customer programming
- Dive deeper into internet improvement with the Django framework and cloud computing with Google App Engine
- discover Java programming with Jython, the right way to run Python code at the JVM
- connect with internet prone Yahoo! Finance to get inventory prices, or Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, and others to obtain or ship e-mail
- Jump into the social media craze by way of studying how one can hook up with the Twitter and Google+ networks
Core Python functions Programming, 3rd version, delivers
- Broad insurance of various parts of improvement utilized in real-world functions today
- Powerful insights into present and top practices for the intermediate Python programmer
- Dozens of code examples, from fast snippets to full-fledged applications
- A number of routines at the tip of each bankruptcy to assist hammer the recommendations home
By Sara Wachter-Boettcher
Care approximately content material? greater replica isn't really adequate. As units and channels multiply--and as clients count on to simply relate, percentage, and shift information--we desire content material which could move extra areas, extra simply. This publication can help you cease growing mounted, single-purpose content material and begin making it extra future-ready, versatile, and reusable.
Web criteria are the normal know-how requisites enforced by means of the area vast net Consortium (W3C) to ensure that internet designers and browser brands are utilizing a similar know-how syntax. it is crucial that those implementations are a similar during the internet, another way it turns into a messy proprietary position, and lacks consistency. those criteria additionally let content material to be extra appropriate with a number of various viewing units, equivalent to monitor readers for individuals with imaginative and prescient impairments, mobile phones, PDFs, and so forth. HTML, XML, and CSS are all such technologies.
This ebook is your crucial advisor to knowing the benefits you could convey for your websites via enforcing internet criteria and accurately tips to follow them.
Web criteria similar to XHTML and CSS at the moment are quite recognized applied sciences, and they're going to most likely be commonplace to you, the net designerindeed, they're throughout you on the internet. in spite of the fact that, inside net criteria nonetheless lies a challengewhile the browser's help for net criteria is gradually expanding, many net builders and architects have not begun to find the genuine merits of net criteria and admire the necessity to adhere to them. the true artwork is in really knowing the advantages and enforcing the factors efficiently.
As an easy instance of its energy, you should use CSS to put out your pages rather than nesting tables. this may make dossier sizes smaller, permitting pages to load quicker, eventually expanding accessibility for all browsers, units, and internet users.
- Use XHTML parts safely in order that your markup is compact and extra simply understood.
- Use CSS to type diverse components of an internet web page.
- Lay out pages simply and successfully.
- Compare a number of tools of attaining an identical effects to make higher layout offerings.
- Learn approximately complicated website design ideas and their very important caveats.
Web criteria Solutions is damaged down into sixteen brief chapters, every one overlaying the idea and perform of alternative internet criteria thought and displaying a number of ideas to given difficulties for simple studying. You’ll find out about multi-column layouts, utilizing photo alternative concepts on your most sensible virtue, making the easiest use of tables and lists, and lots of extra. This hugely modular method enables you to swiftly digest, comprehend, and make the most of the necessities of net standards.
By Peter Smith
Achieve optimum web site pace and function with this Wrox guide
Professional site functionality: Optimizing front finish and again End deals crucial info to assist either front-end and back-end technicians confirm higher site performance.
- Offers selfmade e-commerce resolution utilizing WordPress and WooCommerce
- Discover the hot Onboarding wizard that makes advanced procedures user-friendly
- Manage your on-line shop and extend its services utilizing plugins
Building a web shop is usually thought of to be a tricky, complicated job. utilizing the combo of WordPress and the WooCommerce plugin, this can be now not the case. WooCommerce is the most well-liked e-commerce platform for WordPress and is being swiftly built through WooThemes. It presents a powerful e-commerce strategy to manage your individual on-line shop in exactly a number of hours.
This effortless and useful booklet may help you're making the main of WooCommerce so that it will manage and run your on-line shop your self. fitting WooCommerce is a simple activity, yet this e-book will clarify intimately all of the attainable settings. After that you will be including items, various money equipment, and transport strategies in your shop. you are going to then customise your shop by way of including issues to alter the feel and appear. as soon as your shop is working, you will the best way to use coupons, strategy your orders, examine studies, or even extend the performance additional with extra plugins.
By the top of the publication, you are going to study every little thing you must upload a completely practical on-line shop to you WordPress web site and begin working an internet business.
What you are going to learn
- Use WooCommerce settings to establish the habit of the web store
- Get accustomed to the downloadable and variable products
- Set up delivery and check methods
- Use coupons for advertising and marketing purposes
- Choose the fitting WooCommerce subject in your on-line store
- Customize your web site utilizing the Storefront subject as a base
- Handle orders, funds, and emails each day with ease
- Work with WooCommerce reporting possibilities
- Expanding your on-line shop with the functionalities provided by means of WooCommerce
About the Author
Robbert Ravensbergen is an skilled e-commerce and IT supervisor. He has been operating in numerous overseas roles for varied businesses. he is additionally a passionate author and blogger. WordPress, WooCommerce, and Magento are the subjects that he writes about.
Robbert published a number of books approximately Magento and WooCommerce for Packt Publishing over the last couple of years. in addition to this, he is a tremendous author within the Netherlands and renowned for his comprehensible books for rookies approximately WordPress.
Readers can achieve Robbert on his own web publication at http://www.joomblocks.com.
Table of Contents
- Setting Up WooCommerce
- Creating Your First Products
- Using Downloadable items and Variations
- Payments, transport, and Coupons
- Working with WooCommerce Themes
- Customizing a WooCommerce Theme
- Running Your on-line Store
- More probabilities utilizing Plugins
By Smashing Magazine
Responsive layout is not just a brand new procedure — it's a wholly new mind-set. This booklet, "Responsive Design" (eBook #23), presents an outline on responsive website design, exhibiting many occasions and strategies within which this procedure will be utilized to. Smartphones, drugs, laptops and computing device pcs may well proportion a similar layout, that is tailored based on reveal measurement, platform and orientation of every device.
Learn approximately content material prototyping, device-agnostic layout strategy, gracefully degrading media queries and navigation styles to accomplish ideal responsiveness. decide on the suitable method of a responsive undertaking and keep away from a few universal error — it's worthy it!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Responsive website design: What it really is and the way to exploit It
- innovative And Responsive Navigation
- concepts For Gracefully Degrading Media Queries
- Is There Ever A Justification For Responsive Text?
- the right way to Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create A cellular model Of Your Website
- Device-Agnostic method of Responsive internet Design
- content material Prototyping In Responsive internet Design
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
Pages: one hundred sixty pages
Released: may perhaps 2012
Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
By Tyler Mitchell
With assistance from the web and accompanying instruments, developing and publishing on-line maps has develop into more straightforward and wealthy with ideas. A urban consultant website can use maps to teach the positioning of eating places, museums, and paintings venues. A company can publish a map for achieving its places of work. The nation executive can current a map displaying ordinary source of revenue by way of area.Developers who are looking to put up maps on the net frequently observe that advertisement instruments price an excessive amount of and removing the loose instruments scattered throughout web can expend an excessive amount of of a while and assets. Web Mapping Illustrated indicates you the way to create maps, even interactive maps, with loose instruments, together with MapServer, OpenEV, GDAL/OGR, and PostGIS. It additionally explains how to define, gather, comprehend, use, and proportion mapping facts, either over the normal internet and utilizing OGC-standard providers like WFS and WMS.Mapping is a transforming into box that is going past amassing and examining GIS facts. Web Mapping Illustrated indicates how you can mix loose geographic info, GPS, and knowledge administration instruments into one source on your mapping details wishes so that you wouldn't have to lose your approach whereas trying to find it.Remember the thrill you had exploring the realm with maps? event the thrill back with Web Mapping Illustrated. This ebook will take you on a right away path to developing precious maps.
By Sas Jacobs
* in all likelihood large industry, as a result of wealthy web functions transforming into in recognition, and Microsoft workplace and .NET improvement being so renowned – this books exhibits the right way to use XML and Flash to combine those MS applied sciences with uncomplicated wealthy net purposes.
* there isn't any different publication out there that covers this subject region.
* e-book helps subsequent model of Flash, that's additionally a wide industry zone.
By Jonathan Snook
Scalable and Modular structure for CSS through Jonathan Snook
English | ISBN: 0985632100, 9780985632106 | 2012 | 112 pages | PDF | four MB
CSS is messy. not less than, it usually turns out to get messy as initiatives and groups develop in dimension. If you’ve ever battled specificity matters by means of throwing “important!” at them, or chanced on the elements of your website so more and more intertwined that you’re afraid to alter whatever, then this ebook is for you. If you’ve ever come right into a venture and located your self stressed by way of the prevailing code, then this publication is in your co-workers. Scalable and Modular structure for CSS explores innovations which could make your websites extra manageable.
A versatile advisor to constructing websites small and big. Scalable and Modular structure for CSS (or SMACSS, reported “smacks”, for brief) is extra variety advisor than inflexible framework. There’s no library inside right here so you might obtain or set up. SMACSS is how to research your layout procedure and for you to healthy these inflexible frameworks right into a versatile idea procedure. It’s an try to rfile a constant method of web site improvement whilst utilizing CSS. and very, who isn’t construction a domain with CSS those days?!
Learn concerning the 4 forms of CSS ideas for state-based layout, and the way this method of improvement could make it more uncomplicated to paintings on greater websites and with higher teams.
Categorizing CSS Rules
Aspects of SMACSS
Depth of Applicability
HTML5 and SMACSS
Drop the Base
The Icon Module
By Erik Hazzard
Get begun with OpenLayers three and increase your websites via growing and exhibiting dynamic maps
About This Book
- Create and exhibit maps on-line with the newest HTML5 positive factors to be had, utilizing the OpenLayers three library
- Learn the way to engage with the map and study top practices to enhance the loading time for a map
- A sensible beginner's consultant, which additionally serves as a short reference with valuable screenshots and exact code explanations
Who This publication Is For
What you are going to Learn
- Build a whole, real-world OpenLayers software optimized for construction use
- Work with varied raster information assets to create a base map
- Overlay vector information assets and paintings with vector good points directly
- Customize the looks of vector layers
- Understand the concept that of map projections and the way to take advantage of them
- Manage and paintings with interactions reminiscent of click on and touch
- Work with controls to augment the consumer experience
- Target cellular systems and discover demanding situations provided via cellular development
This e-book is a realistic, hands-on advisor that gives you with the entire details you want to start with mapping utilizing the OpenLayers three library.
The publication begins through exhibiting you ways to create an easy map. throughout the process the booklet, we'll evaluate every one part had to make a map in OpenLayers three, and you'll turn out with a full-fledged internet map program. you'll study the most important function of every OpenLayers three part in creating a map, and critical mapping ideas corresponding to projections and layers. you'll create your personal information records and attach to backend servers for mapping. A key a part of this e-book can also be devoted to development a mapping software for cellular units and its particular components.