By Allen G. Taylor
Uncover the secrets and techniques of SQL and begin construction larger relational databases today!
This enjoyable and pleasant consultant may also help you demystify database administration structures so that you can create extra strong databases and entry details very easily. up to date for the most recent SQL performance, SQL For Dummies, eighth Edition covers the middle SQL language and exhibits you the way to take advantage of SQL to constitution a DBMS, enforce a database layout, safe your facts, and retrieve info in case you want it.
- Includes new improvements of SQL:2011, together with temporal facts performance which lets you set legitimate occasions for transactions to take place and is helping hinder database corruption
- Covers growing, having access to, manipulating, conserving, and storing details in relational database administration platforms like entry, Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
- Provides guidance for maintaining your info secure from robbery, unintended or malicious corruption, or loss as a result of gear mess ups and recommendation on taking away blunders on your work
Don't be daunted by way of database improvement anymore - get SQL For Dummies, eighth Edition, and you will be in your technique to SQL stardom.
By Robin Dewson
Beginning SQL Server for Developers is the appropriate publication for builders new to SQL Server and making plans to create and installation functions opposed to Microsoft’s market-leading database method for the home windows platform. Now in its fourth version, the booklet is more advantageous to hide the very most modern advancements in SQL Server, together with the in-memory gains which are brought in SQL Server 2014.
Within the e-book, there are many examples of initiatives that builders usually practice. You’ll discover ways to create tables and indexes, and be brought to most sensible practices for securing your beneficial information. You’ll examine layout tradeoffs and how you can make sound judgements leading to scalable databases and maintainable code.
SQL Server 2014 introduces in-memory tables and kept tactics. it really is now attainable to speed up functions through growing tables (and their indexes) that dwell solely in reminiscence, and not on disk. those new, in-memory buildings fluctuate from caching mechanisms of the prior, and make attainable the terribly fast execution of particular types of queries akin to are utilized in enterprise intelligence functions. Beginning SQL Server for builders helps you understand the guarantees of this new characteristic set whereas heading off pitfalls that could ensue whilst blending in-memory tables and code with conventional, disk-based tables and code.
Beginning SQL Server for Developers takes you thru the whole database improvement approach, from fitting the software program to making a database to writing the code to hook up with that database and stream information out and in. through the tip of the e-book, you’ll have the ability to layout and create good and trustworthy database options utilizing SQL Server.
- Takes you thru the whole database program improvement lifecycle
- Includes fresh insurance of the in-memory features
- Introduces the freely-available show Edition
By Louis Lazaris, Estelle Weyl, Alexis Goldstein
HTML5 & CSS3 for the true World will assist you to create dynamic web content utilizing those new applied sciences. No fluff or hype right here â€“ basically enjoyable, powerful concepts you can begin utilizing today.
This easy-to-follow advisor covers every thing you must be aware of to start at the present time. Youâ€™ll grasp the recent semantic markup to be had in HTML5, in addition to how one can use CSS3 with no sacrificing fresh markup or resorting to complicated workarounds.
This ebook will educate you the way to:
* comprehend the recent semantic markup to be had in HTML5
* set variety that actually helps your message with @font-face
* construct clever, self-validating internet kinds your clients will love!
* build sleek internet apps that shine in a cellular environment
* create data-rich, effective pix at the fly with SVG and canvas
* use shiny-new APIs so as to add geolocation and offline functionality
This easy-to-follow advisor is illustrated with plenty of examples and there's additionally a funky demo website to paintings with!
By Rob Crowther, Ash Blue, Greg Wanish
HTML5 in Action offers an entire advent to internet improvement utilizing HTML5. you are going to discover each point of the HTML5 specification via real-world examples and code samples. it really is even more than simply a specification reference, even though. It lives as much as the identify HTML5 in Action through supplying you with the sensible, hands-on tips you will need to exploit key features.
About the Technology
HTML5 isn't a number of new tags and contours extra to an outdated standard—it's the root of the trendy net, allowing its interactive providers, single-page UI, interactive video games, and complicated company functions. With help for standards-driven cellular app improvement, robust beneficial properties like neighborhood garage and WebSockets, extraordinary audio and video APIs, and new format thoughts utilizing CSS3, SVG, and Canvas, HTML5 has entered its major time.
About the Book
HTML5 in Action presents a whole advent to net improvement utilizing HTML5. It explores the HTML5 specification via real-world examples and code samples. It earns the identify "in motion" by means of providing you with the sensible, hands-on assistance you will need to with a bit of luck construct the websites and functions you—and your clients—have been short of for years.
This publication concentrates on new HTML5 positive factors and assumes you're acquainted with common HTML.
Purchase of the print booklet contains a unfastened book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
- New semantic components and shape enter types
- Single-page software design
- Creating interactive graphics
- Mobile net apps
About the Authors
Rob Crowther is an internet developer and blogger and the writer of Manning's Hello! HTML5 & CSS3. Joe Lennon is an firm cellular software developer. Ash Blue builds award-winning interactive tasks. Greg Wanish is an autonomous net and eCommerce developer.
Table of Contents
- HTML5: from files to applications
- Form production: enter widgets, information binding, and information validation
- File enhancing and administration: wealthy formatting, dossier garage, drag and drop
- Messaging: speaking to and from scripts in HTML5
- Mobile purposes: shopper garage and offline execution
- 2D Canvas: low-level, 2nd pics rendering
- SVG: responsive in-browser graphics
- Video and audio: taking part in media within the browser
- WebGL: 3D software development
PART 1 INTRODUCTION
PART 2 BROWSER-BASED APPS
PART three INTERACTIVE portraits, MEDIA, AND GAMING
- Plus 10 Appendixes
By Amol Nayak
Harness the most recent good points of MongoDB three with this choice of eighty recipes – from coping with cloud structures to app improvement, this booklet is a crucial resource
About This Book
- Get to grips with the newest beneficial properties of MongoDB 3
- Interact with the MongoDB server and practice a variety of question operations from the shell
- From management to automation, this cookbook retains you brand new with the world's best NoSQL database
Who This e-book Is For
This ebook is engineered for someone who's attracted to coping with info in a simple and effective manner utilizing MongoDB. you don't want any previous wisdom of MongoDB, however it will be priceless when you've got a few programming adventure in both Java or Python.
What you are going to Learn
- Install, configure, and administer MongoDB sharded clusters and copy sets
- Begin writing functions utilizing MongoDB in Java and Python languages
- Initialize the server in 3 various modes with a variety of configurations
- Perform cloud deployment and introduce PaaS for Mongo
- Discover frameworks and items equipped to enhance developer productiveness utilizing Mongo
- Take an in-depth examine the Mongo programming driving force APIs in Java and Python
- Set up firm category tracking and backups of MongoDB
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that varieties the spine of the structures that strength many various organisations – it is simple to work out why it is the hottest NoSQL database out there. jam-packed with many gains that experience develop into crucial for lots of varieties of software program pros and exceedingly effortless to exploit, this cookbook includes many ideas to the standard demanding situations of MongoDB, in addition to tips on potent concepts to increase your abilities and capabilities.
This booklet starts off with the way to initialize the server in 3 diversified modes with a number of configurations. you'll then be brought to programming language drivers in either Java and Python. a brand new characteristic in MongoDB three is so you might hook up with a unmarried node utilizing Python, set to make MongoDB much more well liked by a person operating with Python. you are going to then research quite a number extra subject matters together with complicated question operations, tracking and backup utilizing MMS, in addition to a few very helpful management recipes together with SCRAM-SHA-1 Authentication. past that, additionally, you will locate recipes on cloud deployment, together with information on the right way to paintings with Docker bins along MongoDB, integrating the database with Hadoop, and counsel for bettering developer productivity.
Created as either an obtainable educational and a straightforward to exploit source, available everytime you have to resolve an issue, MongoDB Cookbook might help you deal with every little thing from management to automation with MongoDB extra successfully than ever before.
Style and approach
Every recipe is defined in an easy set-by-step demeanour but is intensely comprehensive.
This brilliantly obtainable publication is the best advent to utilizing the entire key positive factors of VirtueMart to establish and set up a fully-functioning e-commerce shop. From the fundamentals to customization, it is easily indispensable.
- Get to grips with VirtueMart and construct an enticing shop powered via Joomla!
- Increase the visibility of your shop with website positioning and product descriptions
- Keep your shop ecocnomic by way of configuring tax, delivery and orders
VirtueMart is a optimal eCommerce answer powered via Joomla!
In construction E-commerce websites with VirtueMart Cookbook you are going to tips on how to create a full-functioning and engaging eCommerce resolution with VirtueMart. you can be proven how you can set up and configure VirtueMart, how one can set-up and run your shop day by day in addition to configure and customise the feel and appear of your shop. With this publication through your part, it is possible for you to to beat as difficulties establishing, administrating and customizing your eCommerce store!
This booklet finishes with blueprint tasks that means that obtaining began with VirtueMart is even more straightforward for the amateur and aspiring web site builder or developer. when you have continuously desired to create a professional-looking shop, yet are frightened in regards to the complexity and hassle concerned, then this e-book is for you! With quite a few recipes, useful suggestions and ideas construction eCommerce websites with VirtueMart Cookbook will take you thru each step required to accomplish eCommerce success.
What you are going to research from this book
- Set-up and set up a fully-functioning eCommerce store
- Configure tax, transport and orders
- Administrate your store day-to-day
- Customize the appear and feel of your store
Written in a pleasant, recipe-based kind, this functional cookbook will enable you create, retain and customise beautiful eCommerce ideas with ease.
Who this e-book is written for
This publication is written for someone who's attracted to development eCommerce options with VirtueMart. in case you have little to no event with eCommerce this ebook will aid you conquer any challenge regardless of how advanced apparently. skilled website developers and directors also will locate the ideas this cookbook deals necessary. easy HTML and CSS will be beneficial.
Construct interactive video games with HTML, DOM, and the CreateJS online game library.
About This Book
Create 8 diversified video games utilizing HTML5
research crucial video games improvement thoughts, equivalent to video game loop, animations, and browser storage
stick to the project-based method of construct video games from begin to end with in-depth factors on online game management
Who This booklet Is For
Whether you're accustomed to the fundamentals of object-oriented programming suggestions, are new to HTML online game improvement, or are accustomed to simply website design, this project-based ebook gets you up and working very quickly. it is going to educate and encourage you to create nice interactive content material at the Web.
What you are going to Learn
Create DOM-based HTML5 games
Use the CreateJS library to construct a canvas-based game
Create varieties of animations which are spritesheet-based, tween-based, and Flash vector-based
shop and cargo continual video game growth in browsers
Convert coordinates among the reveal and isometric perspective
continue a hierarchy for video game parts to maintain the extensibility of the game
study crucial workflows and instruments to create video game resources easier
This booklet will make it easier to create wonderful cross-browser video games with no the necessity for Flash or different plugins. know about Box2D, DOM parts, the EaselJS framework, and extra, all supplying a starting place of information to extend your game-creating abilities. With in-depth causes and step by step directions, you are going to end this e-book feeling convinced approximately development nice video games with HTML. even if you're accustomed to the fundamentals of object-oriented programming thoughts, are new to HTML online game improvement, or are accustomed to simply website design, this project-based ebook gets you up and working very quickly. it is going to educate and encourage you to create nice interactive content material at the Web.
By Kai Laborenz
CSS oder Cascading type Sheets ist eine Sprache zum Formatieren von HTML/XHTML-Elementen. CSS trennt den Inhalt von der shape und vereinfacht dem Anwender so die Entwicklung und Aktualisierung seiner Webseiten. CSS hat sich in der Webentwicklung bereits etabliert - dieses Buch hat diese Entwicklung in den vergangenen Jahren dabei begleitet. Die erweiterte Einführung, ausführliche Anleitungen zur Formatierung und Positionierung mit CSS, Praxisbeispiele sowie viele neue Tipps und tips eines echten CSS-Profis bringen jeden Webprogrammmierer in die Lage, browserübergreifende Lösungen zu realisieren. Clou des Buches: Die Browserreferenzkarte.
By Zdenek Machek
Get all started with PHPUnit and how to write and attempt code utilizing complicated technologies
About This Book
- Learn the way to set up PHPUnit in addition to the way to write and execute tests
- Understand the complicated thoughts of checking out utilizing try doubles and the continual integration process
- A hands-on, step by step consultant jam-packed with real-life examples that can assist you research quick and effectively
Who This e-book Is For
This publication is a pragmatic advisor that includes a step by step technique that goals to assist personal home page builders who are looking to examine or increase their software program checking out talents. It additionally takes you thru many real-life examples encountered via Hypertext Preprocessor builders that will help you steer clear of universal pitfalls.
What you are going to Learn
- How to put in PHPUnit and configure IDEs for PHPUnit support
- What are unit checks and why to check code
- Write attempt doubles and how one can exchange dependencies
- Explore tips on how to try out legacy code
- Test code calling APIs and connecting to the database
- Run sensible assessments in an internet browser utilizing Selenium tests
- Use checks as a part of the continual integration process
- Discover the choices to PHPUnit
- Use PHPUnit assessments within the Jenkins and Travis CI servers
The skill to put in writing unit exams and software program trying out became abilities that each personal home page developer may still master.
This ebook is a pragmatic consultant to PHPUnit and unit trying out, masking all elements of writing PHPUnit checks and utilizing them. The booklet exhibits why testable code is healthier code and the way to put in writing solid exams with assistance from uncomplicated and easy-to-understand examples.
With this booklet, you'll find out how to write, manage, and execute powerful exams. step by step suggestions of ways to write down testable code, tips on how to refactor the code, and the way to run your assessments are proven. additionally, you will find out about complicated trying out ideas, together with the right way to try databases, APIs, and legacy code. PHPUnit necessities is a advisor for Hypertext Preprocessor builders who are looking to study or increase their software program checking out talents. it's a ebook for builders who commence with trying out yet can be an excellent resource of knowledge for builders who're already conversant in PHPUnit.
By Smashing Magazine
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Backgrounds In CSS: every thing you want to Know
- The secret Of The CSS drift Property
- The Z-Index CSS estate: A entire Look
- CSS Sprites: important concepts, Or power Nuisance?
- glossy CSS Layouts: the basic Characteristics
- glossy CSS Layouts, half 2: the basic Techniques
- Writing CSS For Others
- Decoupling HTML From CSS
- CSS Specificity And Inheritance
- equivalent top Column Layouts With Borders And detrimental Margins In CSS
- !important CSS Declarations: How And whilst to take advantage of Them
- CSS Sprites Revisited
- studying to exploit The :before And :after Pseudo-Elements In CSS
- Taming complicated CSS Selectors
- Six CSS format beneficial properties to appear ahead To